At Knape Associates our goal is to provide our customer with the best Industrial Products on the market. Below is a few examples of our standard product. We can also provide you with.
The Chemical Processing Industry requires several levels of fan construction. Induced Draft and Forced Draft fans are used with special materials of construction that are often required. We offer special construction fans specifically designed the meet the needs of the Chemical Processing Industry.
Several levels of fan construction exist in the Petrochemical Industry. Fired heaters and sulfur recovery units, along with their associated combustion and pollution control systems, make up a large part of the refinery chemical process applications. We offer forced draft and induced draft fans for API-560 specifications.
The American Fan Company provides air movement solutions with our “American Fan” and “Woods Fans” types of fans for industrial, commercial and marine/offshore applications worldwide. We are proud of our reputation as application solution experts. At American Fan, we are committed to delivering value with superior quality engineered products plus the Industry’s first “2 Year Warranty”!
Bachmann Dampjoint engineers have been designing and supplying guillotine dampers to the industry for decades. Our proven guillotine dampers are specifically designed for applications where reliability is crucial. Case and point: all of our guillotine dampers have a rack and pinion drive, that allows for superior drive reliability. We also offer a host of solutions that address specific application issues such as corrosion mitigation, 100% isolation with seal air, refractory lining for high temperature environments, etc.
Our single and double row louver dampers are precision built to satisfy all design conditions specified our customers. With a fully welded heavy-duty frame, large shafts and rugged linkage assembly, our louver dampers are designed for reliability. Gas leakage across the blades is kept to a minimum using a variety of innovative sealing solutions, and 100% isolation can be achieved with double row louvers using seal air.
Our teams of engineers and specalists have years of experience supplying butterfly dampers to the industry. With a host of innovative solutions, our butterfly dampers are built to last!
FlexCom composite flat belts combine our trademark ChemShield PTFE-coated fiberglass cloth with ceramic insulation, (fiberglass or Ceramic) abrasion resistant silica and stainless steel to form highly effective expansion joints for low pressure gas transfer applications that require significant movement compensation as well. We provide a range of fabric belt designs and materials to accommodate operating temperatures up to 2200°F and gas pressures up to 10psi (.7 bar or .7 kg/cm).
An optional internal accumulation pillow, wrapped in stainless steel mesh, is also available to reduce dirt build up in applications experiencing high particulate levels.
- Industry’s Lowest Ignition Temperature Code Rating : T3C, 320°F (160°C)
- Dual Over temperature Protection: With both automatic and manual reset over temperature cutouts for additional safety.
- Nontoxic Propylene Glycol Heat Transfer Fluid
- Low 70 PSIG Relief Valve Setting : This assures that in an emergency, the initial escaping vapor temperature remains below the 320°F (160°C) ignition temperature.
- Corrosive Resistant Options : INDEECO offers three constructions suitable for most applications. Standard construction for use in dry non-corrosive areas includes : Welded steel heat exchanger; powder-coated cabinet; epoxy-coated motor. A 316 stainless steel construction suitable for Waste Water Treatment Plants includes : 316 stainless steel heat exchanger, headers and tubes with aluminum fins; stainless steel cabinet; corrosive resistance hardware; epoxy-coated motor. Third construction is suitable for use in Chemical Plants where chlorides are present and includes : Heresite® coated heat exchanger, cabinet, fan blade; corrosive resistance hardware; epoxy-coated motor.
- Duct heaters shall be INDEECO :
- Type QUA Custom Slip-in Heater
- Type QUZ Custom Flanged Heater
- Approvals – Heaters and panelboards (if required) shall meet the requirements of the National Electrical Code and shall be listed by Underwriters Laboratories for zero spacing between the duct and combustible surfaces and for use with heat pumps and air conditioning equipment.
- Heating elements shall be open coil, 80% nickel, 20% chromium, Grade A resistance wire. Type C alloys containing iron or other alloys are not acceptable. Coils shall be machine crimped into stainless steel terminals extending at least 1″ into the airstream and all terminal hardware shall be stainless steel. Coils shall be supported by ceramic bushings staked into supporting brackets.
- Heater frames and terminal boxes shall be corrosion resistant steel. Unless otherwise indicated, the terminal box shall be NEMA 1 construction and shall be provided with a hinged, latching cover and multiple concentric knockouts for field wiring.
- All heaters shall be furnished with a disc type, automatic reset thermal cutout for primary over temperature protection. All heaters shall also be furnished with disc type, load-carrying manual reset thermal cutouts, factory wired in series with heater stages for secondary protection. Heat limiters or other fusible over temperature devices are not acceptable.
- Heaters shall be rated for the voltage, phase and number of heating stages indicated in the schedule. All three-phase heaters shall have equal, balanced, three-phase stages. All internal wiring shall be stranded copper with 105°C insulation and shall be terminated in crimped connectors or box lugs.
- Terminal blocks shall be provided for all field wiring and shall be sized for installation of 75°C copper wire rated in accordance with NEC requirements.
- Heaters shall be furnished either with the Control Option specified in the schedule and described below or with the specific components listed in the schedule.
Explosion Proof Equipment/ATEX
Explosion-proof fans cut right across the industrial spectrum of applications and the need for them may be found in almost any industry. A fine powder, such as flour or coal can be highly combustible, as are many highly volatile gaseous compounds such as methane, ethylene oxide, coal gas and many others that fans are used to transport. Explosion-proof fans must not simply fail to initiate combustion, but should combustion take place within the fan, it should withstand that explosion without rupture or transmitting ignition externally to the fan. Halifax Fan builds fans to the most demanding levels of the ATEX 94/9/EC directive, an internationally recognised standard for explosion-proof equipment.
ATEX fans at the most demanding level may require, among other features, ATEX certified accelerometers and vibration sensors, inlet and outlet flame arrestors, water cooled and purged dual-cartridge mechanical shaft seals, brass rubbing strips internally and stainless steel casings designed and tested to +10bar. Halifax Fan has extensive experience of designing and manufacturing fans to the most demanding explosion-proof specifications and is recognised globally as a go-to supplier for ATEX fans